Saturday, April 3, 2010

gonna try this again

i'm gonna try the blogging thing again. my last effort (and I use that word loosely) went nowhere fast.

i have been wrestling with many spiritual thoughts lately, and thought that perhaps i could flesh them out here--hopefully with input from random, and not-so-random readers.

the weight of this weekend is setting in. as i struggle with what i believe about this issue or that, and confront doubts and ask hard questions in my mind, i am thoroughly convinced that it is real.

i've

met

God

whatever doubts or questions i may have about chronology and harmony, among others, i cannot escape the fact that i know, deep in my soul, i know that God exists. Jesus died and rose again.

my church body has been studying apostacy, and lately i've been questioning what it means to work out my salvation with fear and trembling. i've come to realize that i am a real, great and hard-boiled sinner. but Christ is a real savior.

i invite you to work the rest out with me.

as i post this at 12:01 am on easter morning, it seems appropriate to end this way:

"He is not here, for he is risen, as he said."

No comments:

Post a Comment